Sunday, 17 May 2009

Korean Supermarket


A colleague tipped me off about this Korean Supermarket located along the SZR selling Korean/Asian food. I personally love Korean instant noodle and my mum has been sending me packets via airmail since I got here. I treasured every packet as if it was my precious and was practically in tears when I was down to my last pack.

So imagine how excited I was when I saw this.

My Favourite noodle - and at an affordable price!

DUMPLINGS!

Gummy sweets - These taste a lot better than those gummy bears in Spinneys.

Condiments and fruit juice

Ginseng tea from Korea

They even carry hot plate for Korean BBQ

This was what I bought in the end - A carton full of instant noodle and tidbits.

And catcat was checking it out if there's anything for her.

14 comments:

Shu said...

Hello, can you please share with us where this supermarket is located at? It looks very exciting and I'd like to pay a visit and pick up my own box of instant noodles. :D Thank you!

smelicat said...

Sure. The supermarket is called Asiana Trading and is located at the 2nd floor of the Safestway Building (a building with a big red lobster sign) along SZR.

Click here for location map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=102647431182317912917.000445efebd52dabf9306&z=14

Or you can call them for location.
+971-4-343-8103

The Korean restaurant next to the supermarket is worth a try too. It is called Sea world (also in safestway bld, SZR). Tel: 04-321-1500

Shu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shu said...

Your "Dubai Asian Grocery Stores" map is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing! Happy noodling!

university english said...

how much is the noodles??

Earth@uake said...

Do they sell Kimchi noodle soup? I have been looking for that all over Dubai. Can't find it anywhere

Raj Rangwani said...

I think they just closed down :(
Is there another grocery where I can buy noodles?

Unknown said...

Did they really close down? :( I just discovered this and I guess I'm too late

Unknown said...

Did they really close down? :( I just discovered this and I guess I'm too late

JoAsAzureBlue said...

They moved ! Near Safa park roundabout!

Unknown said...

Hey can you please share Google map location

Unknown said...

Can any one please tell me that can i get korean drink name "Power Condition" green color bottle from this market

Kristine Reyes said...

can somebody please tell me where the supermarket is now? or any korean supermarket.. I've been wanting to make kimchi but i don't hav the right ingredients.. tnx in advance! ^_^V

Unknown said...

check out at 1004 mart at al barsha for korean food and ingredients they stock all.