Sunday, 30 March 2008

Mr. Pocky's Pork Scratchings



Recently came across this snack in the Pork Section in supermarket when I was shopping for minced pork and ribs. I never heard of pork scratchings before but since every thing to do with pigs was hard to come by in Dubai, I grabbed a bag and checked out at the cashier.

Tried it on my drive back home and oh boy, it tasted so good! I nearly made a U-turn and drove back to the supermarket for more. Googled it and found out it was just plain deep fried pig skin with all the pig fats. Super unhealthy but it tastes divine. That is always the case for anything remotely tasty. Life is never perfect, isn't it?

6 comments:

Ani said...

Is it like what we always find in our bak cho mee? "Zhu yu" (pig's oil)?

smelicat said...

Yes it is. It is flavoured and hence it is tasty on its own too.

ARGH. You are making me crave for bak cho mee now. *salivating*

shanlung said...

Hi smelicat,

I been in Dubai just a month. I wanted so much to buy porky stuff especially as I finally got my apartment in Int City and can cook up some porky dish.

But the supermarkets I tried did not have pork.

I googled for supermarkets in Dubai and thats how I got to know of you.

I really appreciate if you can tell me where you shop for pork and your Pcky Pork Scratchings which sound like something I would love too.

Shanlung

http://www.geocities.com/shanlung9/

PS,

I like your cat. The URL above will lead you into a strange world where I lived with my wife, a cat, a parrot and a ferret. It is a pity Dubai blocked Flickr .

Blog of my current stay in Dubai is in
http://shanlung.livejournal.com/2008/05/

smelicat said...

I am so sorry, Shanlung. I didn't read your comments until now.

You can get pork in selected Supermarket (Spinneys) in Dubai. You can also find Pork scratchings in the pork section in the supermarket too. So far I know the Spinneys in Marina and Burjuman area have pork sections.

Sorry for the delay. I hope you a good stay in Dubai.

Anonymous said...

Best and cheapest rental service in Dubai contact for more info.Car rentals in dubai

Anonymous said...

Best and cheapest rental service in Dubai contact for more info.Car rentals in dubai