Sunday, 18 November 2007

Comics in Dubai


There is one particular thing I never thought I would miss: comics. You can imagine how delighted I was when I saw these Japanese comics lying around, unwrapped in plastic, in Boarders.
It is funny to read them in English because I used to read them in Chinese. And the flow of reading is somehow weird because we are accustomed to reading English from left to right, where as Japanese comics flows from right to left. But of course, I have no complaints.

3 comments:

Ani said...

Wait... Is there Kimagure Orange Road? Ahh.. I want to read Kimagure Orange Road.....

smelicat said...

I have the whole set of Orange Road when I was in Secondary school back in Hong Kong. I gave it away before moving to Singapore.

It is not Orange Road, but it is called 相聚一刻 or Maison Ikkoku in English. It is by Rumiko Takahashi.

Ani said...

Ya, ya, I know Maison Ikkoku too... I have the anime series. I was thinking, if Dubai has such an old manga series, maybe it has an equally old series, that is Orange Road. :P

If you manage to find the manga of Kimagure Orange Road, let me know, ok?