Sunday, 16 December 2007

Peach Upside Down Cake

I was invited to a Christmas dinner party by my colleague, potluck style. He and his wife are vegans (meaning no egg, no milk, no butter, no gelatin and no animals). Understanding that I am not familiar with vegan recipe, they assigned me to prepare a bowl of fruit salad.

Not being the type who will shy away from a task, I searched the Internet for vegan dessert recipe. I wanted to make Almond jelly initially but I couldn't find almond milk in the supermarket. In the end, I settled for peach upside down cake.

These were the ingredients I picked up from the supermarket.

Plan B. This was going to be the dessert if the cake failed.

My first attempt was a failure. This was the second attempt. It looked pretty good. At least it looked edible.
We finished it during the dinner. It was a success!

3 comments:

anna said...

you have an oven at your place???

when u r back in spore, bake some cakes for me too.

smelicat said...

No oven in AMK leh. U have oven in your place? I can bake any cake u like as long as there is recipe. I just follow instruction.

Anonymous said...


Best and cheapest rental service in Dubai contact for more info.Car Rental jumeirah