Sunday, 5 October 2008

Chicken Rice


With too much time on hand because of the recent Eid holiday and a huge chicken rice craving, I decided to make, well, chicken rice.

Armed with a party pack of chicken rice pre-mix for 20 people, I had to use it all within 3 days of opening. I tried desperately to half the portion for everything so I won't die of chicken rice overload, and yet I had to cook 1kg of rice using the chicken stock.

The party pack chicken rice pre-mix
The chicken Stock

1kg of rice

The recipe was easy to follow but it was tedious. In the end, the chicken and the rice tasted a bit sub-standard. It was the packed chili sauce, ginger sauce and chicken rice soya sauce that saved the day.

Let's just say I appreciate the 2 dollar hawker centre chicken rice a lot more now.

No comments: