Sunday, 5 October 2008

Respectful Clothing


Chanced upon this poster at the entrance of the Mall of the Emirates. I was so taken aback I had to take a picture of it.

I understand we have to wear properly if we are dinning in a fancy restaurant, or attending an opera, or going to a church. But shopping in a mall? According to the poster, I have to cover my shoulders and my knees, meaning no shorts, no skirts, no tube tops, no sleeveless tops nor spaghetti straps.

And this is a desert after all!

Luckily, it seems to me no one takes this poster seriously. I see people wearing all sorts of things here in the mall that are deemed to be "improper".

Close up on the poster

1 comment:

Ani said...

Do they even sell sleeveless tops in this shopping mall? Maybe they should take all the underwear off the shelves...