Wednesday, 22 October 2008

I ♥ Scotland


As mentioned in the previous post, I attended the Arup Design School in Glasgow, Scotland, last week.

Before we were held hostage for the design school and got locked up in Dunblane, we visited the Glasgow office and the City Hall in city centre. I was lucky enough to be able to sit through a live musical performance and experience the acoustics of the concert hall. The hall was beautiful with a warm finish and, of course, excellent acoustics.

The City Hall
The Concert Hall

For the next 3 days, the 36 delegates stayed in the majestic Dunblane Hydro Hotel, attending courses, making models and musical instruments out of seriously amazing range of materials collected by the very dedicated organisers.

The Dunblane Hydro Hotel

I had a great time and has fallen in love with Scotland. It is such a beautiful country. The people are very friendly and nice. Too bad I had a hard time understanding the Scottish accents but I would definitely visit this amazing place again.

No comments: