Thursday, 15 January 2009

Desert Drive


A bunch of my colleagues decided to have some fun in the desert with their 4 by 4s. I, of course, tagged along and went with them.

We went to the Hatta region to see the fossil rock.
Driving down a steep sandy slope

Sand splashing into the car

Sand and more sand

The fossil rock

Many of our cars got stuck in the sand and needed either a pull by another car or a push by muscle strength.
Car getting stuck

The Jeep at the back tried to pull the Mitsubishi Pajero out, but got itself stuck instead.

Frank's car was seriously stuck

While the men were showing off their strength....

and were busy digging

I just chilled out and relax.

Trying to pose. Look how distorted my fingers were. haha.

It was a fun day. Desert drive was definitely an unique "UAE" experience. I wish I have a 4 wheel drive too, because I guess having control of the wheel on the sand is the best part on a desert drive. Riding along is not as fun.

No comments: