Thursday, 29 January 2009

Global Village


When I drove past the Emirates Road the other day, I saw a ferris wheel all lighted up in Global Village. And I checked with my colleagues and they told me that the stores in Global Village would be opened until end of winter.

The "village" is divided into areas with different themes. Here are some of them:
Egypt

Lebanon

India

Syria

Sri Lanka

Nigeria

China

There are stores in the villages. However, most of the stores sell similar stuff.

Snacks from Thailand

Jackfruit

Durian

And there is a Reptiles' World too

And of course, the usual fun fair games.
Reverse Bugee

Ferris wheel and the Octopus

Roller Coaster

Swinging Beam

And the usual..

Speed Boat

Kiddy rides


It was freezing that night. I didn't take part in any of the rides above and I didn't buy anything. To those who have nothing to do in the weekend, I think it is quite fun to walk around and spend an evening there. However in my case, one visit is quite enough. I will not go there again.

No comments: