Sunday, 21 June 2009

Salik Recharge Card


Salik is the road toll system in Dubai. It has been in operation since September 2007.

I use the SZR twice per day and pass through the Salik toll gates 2 times each trip. Since Salik was in operation, I have been recharging my salik tag either by going online using my credit card or by going to the petrol station and topping it up with cash.

Lately I have problems recharging my Salik account online. (I have similar problems while paying my DEWA bills but that is another story.) Every time I click on the epay website, an Access Denied message comes up on my screen.

I went to petrol station yesterday, tried to put some cash into my account. But instead I was told that we all would have to use the Salik Recharge Card.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the new Recharge Card. But what's wrong with online recharge or cash recharge? Why do RTA need to produce another piece of paper to complicate the process when the original recharge methods are working fine?

I can't help but think, somewhere on earth a tree has to die for this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems like the new "Recharge Salik Card" is now the only option available. I have been experiencing the same problems.

Unknown said...

I would love to know more about your access denied experience with DEWA. As you are surely familiar, this is driving me crazy, especially after numerous emails to them. Any advice that you have come across to pass along?
Thanks,
- Jeff
thejaxt at gmail

smelicat said...

To Jeff: I still have 2 months worth of DEWA bills outstanding. I sent an online request for a "Final Bill" and left a voice message on DEWA hotline a few weeks ago but I have heard nothing from DEWA yet. I read from someone else's blog that I have to physically go to the DEWA office to settle this. Will keep you updated.

To Mona: I personally have no qualms about the new Recharge Salik Card but I think it is stupid to have the online recharge option removed because it is the best way to go about it, in my opinion.