Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Escargot


Saw this in the supermarket and decided to give it a try. This dish always reminds me of the restaurant our family used to go to for Sunday buffet brunch when I was very young. My sisters and I would line up round after round at the station where the chef prepared the escargot with garlic. I would smile with glee when the snails were ready and the garlic smell filled up the station. Those are some of my fond childhood memories.

The snails I bought from the supermarket were prepared with garlic butter, which tasted slightly different from my memory. But they were still a nice change from my usual noodles/rice/pasta routine.

3 comments:

Ani said...

Wah... keep some for me leh... I love the "fishy" smell :P

anna said...

AMAZING!!!! you know what? i just ate that last sunday! exactly the same packaging! I bought it from cold storage cos it was on sale. baked them in the turbo oven. KB took one and didn't like it. i finished everything.

we are REALLY sisters huh?

smelicat said...

Haha. It had to be some cosmic connection that stirred up our cravings for snails, causing us both to get the same thing.

Did you like it? I liked the garlic butter so much I made some macaroni to go with the sauce.