Tuesday, 30 December 2008

Jabel Hafeet


My colleagues and I drove to Jabel Hafeet on Sunday (Al Hijra). It is a mountain that lies on the outskirts of Al Ain, and actually straddles part of the boarder with Oman. It is termed as "the greatest driving road in the world", though I seriously doubt that.

Weathered Rocks

Weathered Cliff

Ridges

We visited the Al Ain Museum and checked out the market for live sheep. There were truckloads of sheep waiting to be sold and slaughtered. We also went to the natural oasis in the region and headed to the Mercure Grand Hotel for lunch.

A stupid sign

2 comments:

Yanli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yanli said...

I dreamt that I was trekking yesterday night! The feeling of soil under your feet and just a little adrenaline pumping in your body... felt good!