Thursday, 25 September 2008

Delayed Birthday Wishes


My little sister Paula sent me a birthday card from Hong Kong in June, for my very last birthday in my twenties.

Unfortunately she sent it to my residential address instead of my mailing address. In Dubai, the postal office can only recognise P.O. Box numbers, not physical addresses. Therefore the card was sent back to Hong Kong, labelled as undelivered mail.

Paula sent it again and the well travelled card finally reached me yesterday. Although the birthday wishes are 3 months delayed, it is always a joy to get something from home. I guess that is the same for anybody who is away from home, or to receive birthday wishes anytime of the year. So I would like to wish all my readers a Happy birthday, no matter when your birthday is.

Happy Birthday to you and let's celebrate!

3 comments:

Ani said...

What a sweet card! Was it derived from Alan Tam's "Forever 25"?

Ani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smelicat said...

Haha. No idea.