Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Swiss Roll: A Failed Attempt


Was in a cake baking mood last night and decided to try the simplest cake recipe possible on earth: The Swiss Roll.

I do not own a electric egg beater hence I had to whisk the egg into a firm form using a simple egg beater. The egg and sugar mixture was supposed to be fluffy enough to have a spoon go through it without its path disappearing. Let me tell you that the whole egg beating thing was a serious workout for my biceps.

Unfortunately, I over cooked the sponge cake and it cracked once I started rolling it.

The presentation was bad but it tasted alright. Anyway, I am in the market for an electric beater. I need to perfect this recipe before I can move on to more complicated stuff.

The egg beater
The serious workout
Putting the cake mix into the oven
Over cooked cake
The Raspberry filling
Nutella filling
Spreading the jam
Cracked Swiss Roll

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best and cheapest rental service in Dubai contact for more info.monthly car rental Dubai