Wednesday, 10 September 2008

My first Earthquake

I felt an earthquake in Dubai. It was approximately 15 minutes ago. I was in the office while I felt the building was swaying and shaking.

Very fascinating sensation actually. My first earthquake experience.

Some detail of the earthqauke:

Tremors from an earthquake registering 6.1 on the Richter scale 60km south west of Bandar Abbas in Iran were felt in Dubai today, prompting the evacuation of high-rise buildings on the Sheikh Zayed Road and in the Dubai Media City.
Some eye witnesses reported sensing a definite tremor for one minute, although others told AME Info they had not felt anything.

2 comments:

Ani said...

My god... that was really strong! I hope you were not knocked off your feet! Did anything fall off the table?

The last time Singapore experienced some after-shocks, I did not feel anything... Maybe I am so used to being light-headed :P

Anonymous said...

Best and cheapest rental service in Dubai contact for more info.monthly car rental Dubai