Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Liquid Spill


There was an unfortunate accident on my macbook. It suffered a liquid spill and now some of the keys are not working, mainly the keys on the middle row (the a/s/d row) and most of the number keys. Btw, I am typing this using my office keyboard.

Just googled and learnt that this is not going to be covered by Applecare. *smack head*. And there are numerous ways to tackle this situation according to the experts.

1. Get an external keyboard and hopefully this works
2. Dismantle the keyboard and dry it with compressed cool air
3. Give it a distilled water bath
4. or an alcohol bath

Anyone has any better ideas?

I am really feeling very bad now. I hope the water will just evaporate in these few days and hopefully the keyboard will work again. It was soup from noodles actually, not just plain water. In the mean time, my mouse pad and other keys are still working fine. So please understand if I do not talk to you on facebook/msn/gmail chat but you see me feeding your fluffy pets/online/logged on. I am not ignoring you, I am just unable to speak to you in coherent sentences. *sulk*

No comments: