Sunday, 13 January 2008

Off Roading

My friend Eric has a 4 by 4 Jeep Wrangler. With the long weekend, we decided to do some off roading to Al Hayl Palace near Fujairah.
I like his car... May be I shall get the car from him after he leaves Dubai and sell my pathetic little car.
The Al Hayl Palace from afar. You can see the rocky/sandy/stoney road leading to the historical site.

Al Hayl Palace close up

An Oasis with farms
I took over the drive back home. It was a manual-geared car. I *love* manual gear but I had a hard time because I kept banging my left hand to the door instead of using my right hand to change the gear. I was very used to right hand wheel driving back home and the whole left hand wheel driving in Dubai with the "use the right hand to change gear" thing was difficult to adapt. Too much eye-hand-feet co-ordination for simple minded me.

No comments: