Tuesday, 21 July 2009

A blur


My last day in Dubai (15th July 2009) felt like a blur. Everything happened so quickly and so fast that I could only vaguely remember it.

I returned the apartment keys to the housing agent at 9 in the morning. I said goodbye to this humble abode where I spent 2 fabulous and unforgettable years in the Middle East.

I apologised if this blog entry sounds self-indulgent but I would like to commiserate my departure with all these last few pictures I took in the flat.

The front door

The entire set of keys

The entrance

The power box

The air con control and the phone to the reception lobby

The shower room

The washing basin *please excuse me for the mess*

The switches

More switches

My closet *and nothing is hiding inside it*

My room

My room again

My living room

The kitchen

Cabinets in my kitchen

My fridge

Kitchen sink

Kitchen corner - catcat's favourite hang out place

Oven, where all the cakes were baked

Stove

Kitchen switches

More kitchen switches

My washing machine

The corridor

After leaving the flat, I went back to the office for my last day of work. At 5, I bided farewell to every single one at Arup and drove my way to Dewa office to pay for my final bill.

My work station in Dubai office


Despite an earlier visit I paid to the head office 1 week ago, I need to wait for one hour for my final bill to arrive. I paid it off and went back to Burjuman to spend all my cash. I bought a wallet because I could pay for it with all the cash I had with me, and it was small enough to fit into my cabin luggage.

After that, I drove to the Dubai International Airport and returned the hired car back to Hertz. And then, there's no turning back.

This was my final air ticket that brought me home.

3 comments:

nonnapuffo said...

Dev'essere stata una bellissima esperienza, Conosco abbastanza gli USA. Mi manca questa parte del mondUn
Vedrò di provvedere.
Un bacio
www.welovefur.com

Anonymous said...

People are choosing the cheapest and the best rental service Car Rental Dubai Marina

jassywatkins210 said...

This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now. Dubai Souk