Tuesday, 21 July 2009

I had a great blast in Dubai


This entry will serve as the last post in this blog. I want to wrap up my entire Dubai experience in this final post and, after that, move on.

Do I regret taking up the Long Term Assignment to come to Dubai? Never ever. I enjoyed every single moment of it. If anyone is thinking of moving to another country, another continent or another planet and ask for my opinion, I would, without a hint of hesitation, tell them to go for it.

Listen to your gut. If you know in your heart you want to try something new, do something different and experience something fresh, pay zero attention to the negativities around you and ignore the inner fear that you might have and embrace the opportunity.

Were there rude comments about my move to Dubai 2 years ago? Absolutely. Was I bothered by them? A tiny bit. Did I reconsider my move to Dubai based on those comments? No way. Important decisions like these have to be made up by one's own. I just made up my mind when this chance was offered to me and didn't ask anyone for opinions. But free advices and comments came from all directions bombarded me left, right and centre. Of course there were people who gave their approval of my decision. Once again, I didn't really give a damn if anyone approve of my life altering decision or not.

Perhaps I sound aloof here. I do treasure some friendly advices and comments from people close to my heart. What I am trying to say here is, don't stop doing something you want to do because of someone's casual comments.

To sum it all up, I had a great blast in Dubai. I had the time of my life and I am very happy to be given the chance to experience the rise of the Gulf. But I am ready to move on with my life. Life is too short to do something that I don't truly love, or to be stuck in the same place when there are plenty of places for me to explore. On that note, I am ready to close this chapter and move forward to another.

So, thank you to you, my dear reader, for following my thoughts throughout this entire journey. I hope this ride with me has been enjoyable. Would there be another "my XXX experience" in the future? Perhaps. We just never know.

I wish all my readers the best of luck in all your future endeavours. And 'til we meet again, you take care.

7 comments:

Ani said...

Goodbye Dubai! Hello Joyce and her new goals!

Unknown said...

It is always a good experience and execute your great plan! Good luck for all your future, and myself too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

Just join your hands and come for the best trip in Dubai with Dubai Desert Safari

Unknown said...

one of the best place where you can have fun with your family and friends Desert Safari in Dubai..

Anonymous said...

Lot of car rental agencies and tour operators are there to help you out in choosing the cheapest and the best rental services for you.car hire in dubai

kyliestarc210 said...

Obviously, the collection of a writer must be a bundle of creativity. New ideas of writing become the reason of success. It makes your work worthwhile. Everyone wants to praise your writing because they bound by creativity. Dubai Souk